What is the Light & Bright treatment?
The Light & Bright treatment is a non-ablative treatment that works by delivering a combination of technologies designed to address surface level irregularities as well as affect the dermis, or middle layer of the skin.
The Frax 1550 technology rejuvenates the skin by delivering very small, controlled bursts of energy only to the area being treated to reduce textural irregularities.The heat produced, stimulates the dermis and the production of collagen.
The laser is gently rolled across the skin over brief treatment sessions. The surface of the skin is left intact and there is low downtime associated with healing and recovery.
The Ellipse IPL technology refreshes the skin by using similar small, controlled bursts of light that directly target blood vessels or melanin within your skin, reducing the coloring of age spots, freckles, redness and overall sun damage.
What types of aesthetic concerns can be treated with the Nordlys system?
With its four state-of-the-art technologies (Ellipse IPL, Frax 1550, the Nordlys system can treat a wide range of conditions, including:
Acne: Ellipse IPL treatments can help improve the appearance of red blemishes, irregular pigmentation, and skin tone
Aging skin: Ellipse IPL treatments can help address dark spots, freckles, age spots, uneven pigmentation, and diffuse redness.
Irregular skin texture: Frax 1550 and Frax 1940 skin resurfacing can smooth textural irregularities, rejuvenate sun-damaged skin, and improve skin texture
How does the acne treatment work?
Acne occurs when your sebaceous glands overproduce an oily substance called sebum. When extra sebum gets trapped in your hair follicles, your skin can become irritated, leading to the appearance of pimples on your face. Left untreated, some types of acne can cause permanent scarring.
The Nordlys system treats acne by reducing the blood supply to the sebaceous gland to slow down the production of sebum.
The system delivers short, bursts of Ellipse IPL directed at the skin. Using patented Dual Mode Filtering technology, the system filters the light to ensure that only the wavelengths necessary for the treatment are used. Because of this, only the blood vessels that supply the sebaceous gland are impacted, while the surrounding vessels are not affected.
How many Nordlys treatments will I need?
The number of treatments (usually 3-4) depends on the area and nature of what you’re having treated and may also depend on your skin type. Our team of specialists will let you know how many treatments you can expect for your condition.
What you can expect
- Prior to your treatment, you and our Specialist will meet to discuss your treatment goals. It is important to avoid tanning (sun, tanning salons and self-tanning products) before and during the treatment period.
- Most of the times the treatment consists of a course of 3 sessions, but this may vary according to what will be treated.
- For the Frax treatment we may use an anesthetic/ numbing cream to reduce discomfort. The treatment procedure will generally take between 30-45 minutes.
- After treatment, your skin may benefit from applying a cold damp cloth to your face or from using an ointment prescribed by our team of Specialists.
- You may notice a sloughing off of some skin or a darkening of some pigmented spots for a few days following the treatment. After that, you will find your skin looks smoother, fresher and glowing.